Purrs'n'Whiskers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purrs'n'Whiskers - The Cat Lovers' Guide To The Feline Universe

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  WebsiteWebsite  

Feliway placement question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
mrsmarple
mrsmarple
Top Cat
Top Cat

Feliway placement question   Vide
PostSubject: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 10:37

I finally got around to ordering a Feliway and it arrived yesterday.

I know I'm putting it downstairs, but don't know where it should go. Where does everyone have theirs?

The girls get on quite well, although they don't cuddle anymore but Marple it a little madam sometimes to Blinx.

I would say the area of the most confrontation is around the kitchen and the litter box which is just in the outside hall from the the kitchen. Blinx kind of slinks around this area wondering if Marple is going to bother her. It doesn't really come to much but Blinx is feeling a little bit stressed I think.

I don't know if I should put it in the hall where the litter box is or maybe in the room next to the hall?

Also does it give off any odor? (the feliway not the litter box Feliway placement question   84165) I don't want that area to become suddenly stressful for them if it does.

Thanks for your help. Feliway placement question   670478
Back to top Go down
gemini
gemini

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 09:02

I have had 3 Feliways around my house for the past 6 weeks or so and I can honestly say they haven't done a thing in stopping my two boys from spraying, or to help Pearl and Ruby stop hissing and growling at each other!

But, it's worth a try, and if the area of most conflict is the kitchen then I'd put it there. It doesn't give off any odour.

If there is a bit of conflict over the litter box then perhaps you could get another one. They say you should have one litter box per cat plus an extra one.
Back to top Go down
mrsmarple
mrsmarple
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 10:20

Thanks for advice Gemini Feliway placement question   670478 I know some people feel they work and others don't. Shame it hasn't worked for yours, but maybe will eventually.

I've put this one in the living room. It said in the brochure to put in the rooms they spend the most time in, which confused me as I felt it should be where the conflict is. I'm going to get another one for the litter box area.

I have 3 litter boxes so one each plus a spare. They each have one they wee in and the use the other for poos? Strange that. Feliway placement question   84165

We felt last night things were already different. Miss Marple came downstairs and sat in a place she hasn't for ages, so maybe just a coincidence, I'll keep updating any different behavior.
Back to top Go down
gemini
gemini

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 11:01

I hope it works for you.

It's difficult for us because with 6 cats there isn't really one room they spend most time in! They're dotted all over the house. We have one in the lounge, where they do congregate in the evening, then one in the hall, near to where Ruby sleeps in the downstairs loo. And one upstairs in our bedroom, where they often sleep. They're so expensive. I spent £100 on them - enough for 2 months and I'm sad it hasn't worked. If I could afford it I'd get a behaviourist in. Oh well, we'll just keep persevering.
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 13:05

Sorry it's not worked for you Gemini.

I have had only positive experiences with Feliway. I haven't used it for quite a few months, now, and the growling and hissing is definitely getting worse in our house! I will be buying a refill this week and a new plug as mine has had it.

I place it in the area where they spend most time and make sure it's in a socket that isn't obscured by furniture or curtains etc.

I think I read on the instructions a note not to place it in the hall. I had one in the hall and took it out.
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
mrsmarple
mrsmarple
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 15:28

Thanks Flower Girl, guess because they don't spend much time in the hall.

I'll get another and put it in the room next to the hall. Have to wait until next month though.

They are expensive. I got mine from chemist direct for £23. so a bit better than pet shops. I get a fair amount of things from them and they deliver within a day or 2.
Back to top Go down
gemini
gemini

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 20:00

Flower Girl wrote:

I think I read on the instructions a note not to place it in the hall. I had one in the hall and took it out.

I put mine in the hall because there is no socket in the downstairs loo where Ruby tends to sleep, and the hall socket is opposite there.
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 20:49

gemini wrote:
Flower Girl wrote:

I put mine in the hall because there is no socket in the downstairs loo where Ruby tends to sleep, and the hall socket is opposite there.
Awww bless her. Lily was kept in our downstairs loo for 3 weeks when we first got her as she wouldn't tolerate her kittens due to their separation.

The Flower Girls have different sleeping places but I keep the feliway in the 'communal' rooms where they spend much of the day. It's funny but wherever I place the feliway downstairs, Daisy is drawn to it and settles nearby, and she's the trouble maker lol, so in works in our case.
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012, 20:50

mrsmarple wrote:
Thanks Flower Girl, guess because they don't spend much time in the hall.

I'll get another and put it in the room next to the hall. Have to wait until next month though.

They are expensive. I got mine from chemist direct for £23. so a bit better than pet shops. I get a fair amount of things from them and they deliver within a day or 2.
I buy mine from vetuk.co.uk, Mrsmarple.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/feliway-products-c-1
Back to top Go down
gemini
gemini

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 09:04

Only £13.49 here with free postage

Feliway Refill
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feliway placement question    Feliway placement question   Empty

Back to top Go down

Feliway placement question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purrs'n'Whiskers :: Cat Chat :: Cat Care -