Purrs'n'Whiskers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purrs'n'Whiskers - The Cat Lovers' Guide To The Feline Universe

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  WebsiteWebsite  

Herby Cats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin
Flower Girl

Herby Cats Empty
PostHerby Cats

It's a well-known documented fact that cats and catnip (catmint) go together. The Flower Girls are particularly susceptible. Just one whiff of the stuff is enough to make all three of them flop over on to their backs and writhe in ecstasy.

I was a little surprised, though, when I discovered during the summer, that the girls are partial to other plants... namely herbs.

Lily almost demolished my small bay tree! I had to remove it from the ground and put it in a pot. Her constant writhing and thrashing against the stem almost brought about its demise. Just one fresh bay leaf, torn and crushed in the hand, will send her on her back in less than 5 seconds!

My sage plant took a right battering. Rosemary, too, gets Lily's undivided attention. Even the lavender is not immune!

Daisy and Poppy have also adopted their mother's (Lily's) strange herb attraction and I'm not sure if it's because they see Lily doing it and they want a piece of the action, or if they genuinely like it.

It's quite comical to see three furry, writhing, groaning cats, intoxicated by the herbs, dragging themselves across the patio and flopping on to their backs!

Maybe I should call them the 'Herby Girls' instead of the 'Flower Girls'?
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
Share this post on: reddit

Herby Cats :: Comments

kirsty
Re: Herby Cats
Post Thu 15 Oct 2009, 19:25 by kirsty
lol your cats sound fab lol

herby cats sounds too much like a dinner tho lol
x
gemini
Post Thu 15 Oct 2009, 20:28 by gemini
Ooooh how funny. I have a small herb garden and none of my cats ever take any notice of the herbs in it!
Caz
Post Fri 16 Oct 2009, 09:59 by Caz
I don't have any herbs in my garden but I do occasionally buy pots of coriander from the supermarket. It is usually enough to make several meals so it usually finds a home on my kitchen window-sill. My cats have recently discovered it and although they do not eat it they tend to rub their faces all over it (which means I cannot use it - unless I want carrot and corriander soup with fur) Herby Cats 714355
Yorkshirerose
Post Fri 16 Oct 2009, 10:14 by Yorkshirerose
aww how funny are they. not sure the monsters are going to be that susceptable to catnip as yours are. it currently sends jerry into a purring, rolling frenzie. georgie on the other hand turns into a scaratching monster Herby Cats 403255 .
Post  by Sponsored content

Herby Cats

Page 1 of 1