Purrs'n'Whiskers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purrs'n'Whiskers - The Cat Lovers' Guide To The Feline Universe

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  WebsiteWebsite  

Things that go clunk in the night...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin
Flower Girl

Things that go clunk in the night... Empty
PostThings that go clunk in the night...

Clunk, clunk... clank

Clunk, clunk... clank

Hmmm that's a vaguely familiar sound stirring my deep sleep...

Clunk, clunk... clank

In the depths of my unconsciousness I somehow knew that this sound, although vaguely familiar, shouldn't be at the bottom of my bed...

Clunk, clunk... clank

Okay, that's it; now I'm going to have to wake up... it might be an axe murderer in my room!

With that thought permeating my unconsciousness, I sat bolt up in bed, not sure what to expect; "What the ****" I yelled!

There it was again... clunk, clunk... clank

I couldn't see anything! Even the low light of the digital clock failed to shed any light on the subject. So I stumbled out of bed, on to the landing and then I felt it.... the warm fur of one of the Flower Girls rubbing up against my leg!

I thought that maybe the sound had stirred the cats and they were coming up to warn me, when I heard it again!

Clunk, clunk... clank

Now there was no doubt, it wasn't an axe murderer after all; it was definitely one of the Flower Girls! I reached down and groped in the darkness, not sure of the culprit and plucked Poppy off the carpet.

I couldn't imagine what was causing that strange noise! The clunk, clunk bit was Poppy rubbing up against the wooden spindles of the banister, but what was the clank?

As I held her close to my chest I gave her a hug and stroked her head. She burst into a loud purr, so I then went to tickle her under her chin - bearing in mind this is around 3am! - and it was then that I felt something strange. "What on earth...?"

I panicked, unable to see what it was near her neck, so I rushed back into the bedroom, switched on the main light - blinked wildly for 15 seconds as I was suddenly blinded by the light – and then I saw what it was.

Incredulously, firmly attached to her collar was a full size cutlery fork!!!! Her cat flap magnet held the fork firmly to her neck/chest and as she'd been rubbing against the spindles with her body, the fork then impacted on the wood with a clank!

This was so ridiculous that I just burst into loud hysterics, much to hubby's amazement who was sat up by now, blinking madly and unable to get a sensible word out of me! When he realised what was going on, he too went into hysterics and so it was that the Flower Girl household resounded with fits of laughter at 3am in the morning!

The explanation? Poppy must have been up on the kitchen counter skulking around for forbidden food (forbidden because of her food allergy) and chanced upon a fork I'd used earlier to dispense the contents of Lily & Daisy's whiskers pouch. She must have licked the fork for it to attach to her magnet. That’ll teach her, the little madam, she can’t get away with anything lol.

At least it only turned out to be a harmless fork. The last time I was wrenched out of a deep sleep at an unearthly hour by a strange noise, I awoke to find a shrieking outstretched bat at the bottom of my bed... but that’s another blog post!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
Share this post on: reddit

Things that go clunk in the night... :: Comments

gemini
Re: Things that go clunk in the night...
Post Thu 19 Aug 2010, 20:04 by gemini
Things that go clunk in the night... 839688 and I thought this house was mad!!!!
Flower Girl
Post Thu 19 Aug 2010, 20:18 by Flower Girl
giggle2 Things that go clunk in the night... 77363
mrsmarple
Post Thu 19 Aug 2010, 20:43 by mrsmarple
laughing Oh what a night. Poor Poppy what an experience. Bet it took ages to get back to sleep.

At least it was only a fork giggle2
hamster
Post Thu 19 Aug 2010, 21:37 by hamster
laughing

That was brilliant - bless her
gemini
Post Fri 20 Aug 2010, 09:07 by gemini
You are great at telling a story Flower Girl. I'm sure you could write a book about the exploits of the Flower Girls - if only you had the time, of course! giggle2
Flower Girl
Post Fri 20 Aug 2010, 09:43 by Flower Girl
gemini wrote:
You are great at telling a story Flower Girl. I'm sure you could write a book about the exploits of the Flower Girls - if only you had the time, of course! giggle2
Awww thanks Gemini. Things that go clunk in the night... 84142

I have a few more stories to tell about the Flower Girls lol, maybe not enough for a book though. Things that go clunk in the night... 84165
mrsmarple
Post Fri 20 Aug 2010, 10:16 by mrsmarple
gemini wrote:

Ditto
Flower Girl
Post Fri 20 Aug 2010, 10:27 by Flower Girl
Thanks Mrsmarple. Things that go clunk in the night... 84142
Caz
Post Fri 20 Aug 2010, 15:39 by Caz
smile giggle2 laugh giggle2 smile
Yorkshirerose
Post Fri 20 Aug 2010, 22:27 by Yorkshirerose
that was wicked so funny. Paul and i are hysterical imagining it. Bless her grin bet she was thinking, damn now they'll know ive been on the side.
Honeysuckle
Post Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:31 by Honeysuckle
laugh

Things that go clunk in the night...

Page 1 of 1